- Justin Marozzi has won the 2015 RSL Ondaatje Prize with 'Baghdad: City of Peace, City of Blood'
- Listen to Hilary Mantel in conversation with Harriet Walter
- Fellows sign the RSL Roll Book using Byron's pen or T.S. Eliot's fountain pen
- Michael Frayn visits King Solomon Academy as part of our Schools Outreach programme
- Melvyn Bragg, Peter Kemp, Mark Lawson and Val McDermid remember P.D. James on 11 December
- Watch RSL/Booker Prize Foundation Masterclass tutors giving writing tips and talking about their works
If you love reading, we are your Society - uniquely devoted to promoting and extending the knowledge and love of literature, its rich past and its vibrant present. Colin Thubron, President
Latest from the RSL
As Christmas approaches, give friends and family something they can enjoy all year round. Membership of the RSL is £50, or £30 for those aged 18 – 30, and is open to all. Benefits include: All RSL Mem …
RSL Jerwood Awards 2015: Winners Announced
We are delighted to announce that the winners of the 2015 RSL Jerwood Awards are: Thomas Morris, Catherine Nixey and Duncan White.
V.S. Pritchett Memorial Prize 2015
The judges of the 2015 V.S. Pritchett Memorial Prize, Philip Hensher, Adam Mars-Jones and Rose Tremain, selected Jonathan Tel as the winner, for his story ‘The Seduction of a Provincial Accountant’. …
We are deeply saddened to learn of the death of Irish playwright and Companion of Literature Brian Friel.
Young Person’s Membership now for 18 to 30 year olds
We have increased our Young Person’s Membership age from 24 to 30; now all those aged 18 to 30 can enjoy all the benefits of RSL membership for £30 per year. RSL Membership makes a great gift for birt …