- Justin Marozzi has won the 2015 RSL Ondaatje Prize with 'Baghdad: City of Peace, City of Blood'
- Listen to Hilary Mantel in conversation with Harriet Walter
- Fellows sign the RSL Roll Book using Byron's pen or T.S. Eliot's fountain pen
- Michael Frayn visits King Solomon Academy as part of our Schools Outreach programme
- The winner of the 2014 RSL Jerwood Awards for Non-Fiction, Laurence Scott
- The 2014 V.S. Pritchett Memorial Prize winner, Alice Jolly
- Watch RSL/Booker Prize Foundation Masterclass tutors giving writing tips and talking about their works
- Apply for a place on our forthcoming masterclass 'How to write a comic novel' with Howard Jacobson on 5 September
- Apply for a place on our forthcoming masterclass 'Adapting books into films' with Deborah Moggach on 24 October
- Apply for a place on our forthcoming masterclass 'Putting ideas into words' with Simon Armitage on 22 November
When you consider the wealth of national and international culture it delivers, an RSL membership isn't just a bargain, it's worth the world. Ali Smith
Latest from the RSL
RSL Schools Outreach
Read some of the letters sent to Lord Melvyn Bragg from students following his visit to Willowfield Humanities College in June this year.
Refuge for Books
Calling all readers, publishers, agents and authors: under the umbrella of The Kindness Club, the writer Lucy Beresford has set up a Refuge for Books to create a library in a Refuge charity shelter in …
RSL/Booker Prize Foundation Autumn Masterclasses
Booking is now open for our autumn 2015 masterclasses. Howard Jacobson on how to write a comic novel, Deborah Moggach on adapting books into films and Simon Armitage on putting your ideas and feelings …
Become a Member
Membership of the Royal Society of Literature is open to all. Benefits include free entry to our events and a complimentary subscription to the RSL Review. Become an RSL Member today.