- Listen to Shami Chakrabati Nicolette Jones, Rebecca McNally and Katherine Rundell discuss the 'Harry Potter effect'.
- Pascale Petit wins the 2018 RSL Ondaatje Prize with her poetry collection 'Mama Amazonica'
- Fellows sign the RSL Roll Book using Byron's pen or T.S. Eliot's fountain pen
- Blake Morrison visits Appleton Academy as part of our Schools Outreach programme
- Read our 'Literature in Britain Today' report, published 1 March 2017
- Book now for 'Dalloway Day', 20 June | A celebration of Virginia Woolf's 1925 novel Mrs Dalloway.
- Book now for 'Refugee Tales', 11 July | Neel Mukherjee and Vanessa Redgrave read.
- An unprecedented 31 new Fellows were elected in June 2018
- Listen to Reni Eddo-Lodge, Bernardine Evaristo and Heidi Safi Mirza discuss writing about race, feminism and class
Latest from the RSL
RSL elects 31 new Fellows
On 4 June the RSL introduced double its usual intake of Fellows. The new RSL Fellows for 2018 are: Mojisola Adebayo, Naomi Alderman, Julia Copus, Amanda Craig, Tim Dee, Julia Donaldson, Louise Doughty …
RSL Ondaatje Prize 2018 – winner announced
Pascale Petit has won the 2018 RSL Ondaatje Prize with Mama Amazonica (Bloodaxe Books). The annual Prize of £10,000 is awarded for a distinguished work of fiction, non-fiction or poetry, evoking the s …
Encore Award 2018 – joint winners announced
We are delighted to announce that the £10,000 Encore Award 2018 for best second novel of the year is jointly awarded to Andrew Michael Hurley for Devil’s Day (John Murray) and Lisa McInerney for The B …
Drue Heinz, 1915-2018
For twenty years Drue Heinz supported the RSL, most notably through our annual Anglo-American literature events. An Honorary Fellow, she was an extraordinary philanthropist for literature, and here ou …
V.S. Pritchett Short Story Prize 2018
The Royal Society of Literature is delighted to announce the 2018 V.S. Pritchett Short Story Prize for unpublished short stories. In addition to a prize of £1000 and publication in the RSL Review and …