Terms & conditions
- By registering for access to the RSL Website and/or entering the RSL Website by whatever route of access, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions currently prevailing.
- The RSL reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and you should check for any alterations regularly. Continued usage of the RSL Website subsequent to a change in the terms and conditions constitutes acceptance of the current terms and conditions.
- Any e-mail services supplied via the RSL website are subject to these terms and conditions.
- The Website is made available to you by the RSL. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the site is available, we do not represent, warrant or guarantee in any way the Website’s continued availability at all times or uninterrupted use by you of the Website. We reserve the right to suspend or cease the operation of the Website at our sole discretion.
- The RSL reserves the right to refuse admission to its events, and/or to refuse or terminate any member’s membership, when the RSL believes that the member has or is likely to bring the RSL into disrepute, and/or has been or is likely to be unreasonably disruptive to RSL activities, and/or on any other reasonable grounds.
- The RSL Website is provided on an ‘as is’ basis and the RSL gives no warranty that the RSL website will be accessible by any particular browser, operating system or device.
- As a condition of your use of the Website, you agree:
- Not to use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful under applicable law, or prohibited by these terms and conditions
- Not to defame, disparage anybody or behave in a manner which is obscene, derogatory or offensive
- To be responsible for ensuring that your use of the website is consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
- We reserve the right to prevent or suspend your access to the Website if you do not comply with any part of these terms and conditions or any applicable law.
- The information you supply on registration to the RSL website as a Member shall be accurate and complete. You will notify the RSL promptly of any changes of relevant details by updating your account details or emailing email@example.com. You will not assist a non-Member to gain access to the RSL website by supplying them with your password. In the event that the RSL considers that a Member has breached the requirements governing online registration, that you are in breach of these terms and conditions or that your subscription to the RSL lapses, your registration may be terminated and access to Member’s-only content and parts the Website may be prevented or suspended.
- The Website and all content within the Website is owned and operated by the RSL and/or our licensors. We and our licensors reserve all rights.
- The Website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, revise, perform, reproduce, publish, license, deep-link, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or content obtained from the Website unless expressly authorised by the RSL.
- Any intellectual property rights (including without limitation all patents, copyright, database rights and trademarks (whether registered or unregistered)) subsisting in any content or material on the Website belongs to us and/or our licensors. All rights are reserved for the benefit of ourselves and/or our licensors. Nothing in these terms and conditions grants you any rights in the Website or the content within the Website.
- The use or misuse of any trademarks or any other content on the Website except as provided in these terms and conditions or in the Website content, is strictly prohibited. Nothing contained on the Site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark without our prior written permission.
- The RSL makes no express or implied representation and gives no warranty of any kind in relation to any content available on the RSL Website including as to the accuracy or reliability of any information either in its articles, recordings or material supplied by third parties. The RSL excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability of any kind (including liability for any losses, damages or costs) arising from the publication of any materials on the RSL website or incurred as a consequence of using or relying on such materials.
- The RSL excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability of any kind (including liability for any losses, damages or costs) for any legal or other consequences (including infringement of third party rights) of any links made to the RSL Website.
- The RSL is not responsible for the content of any material you encounter after leaving the RSL Website via a link in it or otherwise. The RSL gives no warranty as to the accuracy or reliability of any such material and to the fullest extent permitted by law excludes all liability that may arise in respect of or as a consequence of using or relying on such material.
- This site may be used only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict the use and enjoyment of the site by, any third party. In the event of a chat room, message board, forum and/or news group being set up on the RSL Website, the RSL will not undertake to monitor any material supplied and will give no warranty as to its accuracy, reliability, originality or decency. By posting any material you agree that you are solely responsible for ensuring that it is accurate and not obscene, defamatory, plagiarised or in breach of copyright, confidentiality or any other right of any person, and you undertake to indemnify the RSL against all claims, losses, damages and costs incurred in consequence of your posting of such material. The RSL will reserve the right to remove any such material posted at any time and without notice or explanation. The RSL will reserve the right to disclose the provenance of such material, republish it in any form it deems fit or edit or censor it. The RSL will reserve the right to terminate the registration of any person it considers to abuse access to any chat room, message board, forum or news group provided by the RSL.
- You will not knowingly transmit any virus, malware, trojan or other harmful matter to the RSL website. The RSL gives no warranty that the RSL website is free from contaminating matter, viruses or other malicious software and to the fullest extent permitted by law disclaims all liability of any kind including liability for any damages, losses or costs resulting from damage to your computer or other property arising from access to the RSL Website, use of it or downloading material from it.
- The RSL website contains advertisements and promotional links to websites and other resources operated by third parties. While we would never knowingly link to a site which we believed to be trading in bad faith, the RSL makes no express or implied representations or warranties of any kind in respect of any third party websites or resources or their contents, and we take no responsibility for the content, privacy practices, goods or services offered by these websites and resources. The RSL excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any damages or losses arising from access to such websites and resources. Any transaction effected with such a third party contacted via the RSL website is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the third party involved and the RSL accepts no responsibility or liability resulting from such transactions.
- The RSL disclaims liability to the fullest extent permitted by law for any damages, losses or costs incurred for unauthorised access or alterations of transmissions or data by third parties as consequence of visit to the RSL website.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with English law and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- The various provisions of these terms and conditions are severable and if any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction then such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remaining provisions.
- If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, use of the RSL website must be terminated immediately.
These terms and conditions of use refer to events run by or in partnership with the Royal Society of Literature (“RSL”). The purchase of a ticket, reservation of a place or attendance at any RSL event or RSL-partner event constitutes your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The RSL cannot offer refunds for tickets to any events. If you have any questions about your ticket purchase, please contact the RSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7845 4679.
- The RSL offers concessionary prices for public tickets only. The RSL cannot control the concession policies of partner organisations. Proof of eligibility will need to be shown to RSL staff at the event, or else the full price will be charged. Concessions are for the following:
- Under 18 year olds
- Over 60 year olds
- Full-time students
- Those in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Those in receipt of disability benefit
- Those in receipt of income support
- Events start at their advertised times. Latecomers may not be admitted.
- We reserve the right of admission. We reserve the right, in unavoidable circumstances, to alter the programme without prior notice.
These terms and conditions of use refer to Membership with the Royal Society of Literature (“RSL”). The purchase of a Membership subscription constitutes your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Membership cards and any associated benefits are non-transferable and can only be used by the named Member.
- Memberships (new and renewing) may take up to 10 days from receipt to process and membership materials will be posted out to you by second class post. Once processed and posted, we assume that you have received these membership materials. Please contact the RSL office if you have not received them within 14 days of your application. We will not be able to grant a refund or extension of membership due to lost materials.
- Once a Direct Debit Agreement is completed and accepted, it remains active until cancelled by the Member. We will continue to take the payment due until the Agreement is cancelled by you at your bank and/or with ourselves. Unless we change any information on the Direct Debit schedule (term, claim date or payment) we will not send a reminder that the next payment is due. Once a payment has been collected, no refund will be made and any cancellation will be from the next claim date of the payment. You have the right to cancel your Direct Debit in accordance with Direct Debit Guarantee; responsibility to cancel any Direct Debit payments lies with the Member.
- The RSL cannot offer refunds for Membership renewal payments made in error.
- If your annual Membership subscription is not paid by Direct Debit, we will contact you before your Membership is due for renewal, detailing the expiry date of your current Membership and any further actions you may need to take in order to continue your subscription. If we do not hear from you before renewal date, we will assume that you no longer wish to be a Member of the RSL and will cancel your Membership.
- The RSL cannot offer refunds on any annual Membership fees (new and renewing).